ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS CHOSEN AS 5TH GRADE CAMP COUNSELORS--You MUST contact the Camp Director by THIS Friday, Sept. 6 if you intend to go to camp. If the Director does not hear from you, they will choose someone else to take your place.
ALL COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS FROM THE SUMMER are due this Friday, September 6. Bring your hours to the CSO. Hours will not be accepted late.
DID YOU KNOW THAT ST. LOUIS IS BECOMING AN INTERNATIONAL HUB FOR WORLD-CLASS CHESS? Did you know that you can earn scholarships for college by being an excellent chess player? Then join the Pattonville High School Chess Club/ Team every Wed. after school starting today, Sept. 4. All levels of ability are invited even those new to the game. Meet in Room D116 today right after school.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN EXPLORING YOUR CREATIVE SIDE? Art Club will have its first meeting today, Sept. 4 after school in G108. All are welcome.
THERE WILL BE A JUNIOR CLASS MEETING tomorrow, Sept. 5, in the Auditorium during Contact Time for a presentation on class rings by Jostens.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A PART OF THE CARING FOR OTHERS CLUB, it meets tomorrow, Sept. 5 during Contact Time. You may get a pass from Twila Harris in E203.
MINORITY ACHIEVEMENT CLUB will be meeting tomorrow, Sept. 5 during Contact Time. Please pick up your contact time pass in room D205.
FEA WILL MEET during Contact Time tomorrow, Sept. 5 in Room E210. Anyone interested in joining, please attend.
THE PIRATE PRIDE GROUP will meet in Mr. Patrick’s room, D209, during Contact Time tomorrow, Sept. 5.
THERE WILL BE A THESPIAN MEETING in room A213 during Contact time tomorrow, Sept. 5.
THE KNITTING CLUB will meet during Contact Time in Ms. Mulanax's room, E206, tomorrow, Sept. 5. Please get a pass ahead of time from Ms. Mulanax!
DECA: All DECA students, and those who would like information on how to join DECA, need to meet in room B202 during Contact Time tomorrow, Sept. 5. If you need a pass see Mr. McGhee, Mr. Thames, or Mrs. Martinez.
COLLEGE REP. VISITS: HANOVER COLLEGE will be here tomorrow, Sept. 5 at 10:00am. To sign up and get a pass, please see Mrs. Patrick in the Guidance Office. See the posted list in the Guidance Office for a complete listing of upcoming college rep. visits.
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
- Remington Traditional and Willow Brook needs two volunteers to help in the library during the school year. Come to the CSO for more information.
- St. Louis County Library -- Rock Road Branch -- needs volunteers to help with an enrichment afterschool program. The time is from 3:30 to 5:30 Monday thru Thursday. Stop by the CSO immediately if interested.
- Willow Brook Elementary Fall Festival on Saturday, September 21 from 2pm - 5pm is looking for volunteers. Sign up immediately in the CSO.
THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS ARBITRARY. ahr-bi-trer-ee
Here are ways arbitrary is used:
“An arbitrary number, when multiplied by two, always produces an even number.”
“Dictators can make new laws arbitrarily.”
Remember the Pirate Code. Be Respectful. Be Responsible. Be Involved.
HOMECOMING DANCE GUEST PERMISSION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE in the Activities Office through September 23. This form is required if you are planning to bring a guest who does not attend PHS. Upon completion of the form, submit it to your principal for approval. You must turn in the approved form when purchasing tickets.
MORE HOMECOMING INFORMATION:
HOMECOMING is Saturday, October 12, 2013.
- HOMECOMING TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE, FOR FOUR DAYS ONLY, SEPT. 30 – OCTOBER 3. You must have your ID and all fines paid to purchase a ticket. Also, new this year: all students must have 90% attendance to attend dances. Ticket cost is $10 and tickets will be on sale Monday, September 30 thru Thursday, October 3 in the gym lobby during all lunch sessions. No tickets will be sold after Oct. 3. Dr. Dobrinic will not approve any late guest forms or ticket sales. Guest permission forms are available in the Activities office today thru Monday, Sept. 23.
- ID’S AND TICKETS ARE REQUIRED to get into the Homecoming dance. If you are bringing a guest, he or she will need their ticket and valid photo ID as well.
- DRESS CODE: Students attending the Homecoming Dance are reminded that the PHS Dress Code will be enforced. Students wearing revealing clothing will be asked to fix the issue by covering up or changing. If the issue cannot be fixed, the student will be turned away. Semi-formal attire: No jeans, tennis shoes, or t-shirts.
- UNAUTHORIZED AREAS: Students will not have access to their lockers during the Homecoming dance. Students found in unauthorized areas will face disciplinary action and will be dismissed from the dance.
TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity/JV/Freshman Girls Volleyball, home, against Kirkwood at 4:15.
Varsity Boys Soccer in the Rockwood Tourney against Rockwood Summit at Rockwood Summit at 7:00pm.
JV Boys Soccer in the Conference Tourney, home, against Hazelwood West at 4:00.
Freshman Boys Soccer, home, against Ft. Zumwalt South at 4:00.
Varsity Softball, away, against Lindbergh at 4:15.
JV Softball, away, against Fox at 4:15.
Freshman Softball, home, against Ritenour at 4:15.