As students advance through our courses and master the standards in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language, they will be able to exhibit with increasing fullness and regularity these capacities of the literate individual:
- They demonstrate independence.
- They build strong content knowledge.
- They respond to the varying demands of audience, task, purpose, and discipline.
- They comprehend as well as critique.
- They value evidence.
- They use technology and digital medias strategically and capably.
- They come to understand other perspectives and cultures.
The Missouri Learning Standards for ELA complement our curriculum and articulate the fundamental literacy and writing skills needed for students to be prepared for their futures.
The writing center is located in room D101. It is open throughout the school day.
English 1, 2, and 3
Star Reading Assessment
Students take the Star Reading Assessment periodically to get a lexile score and other measures of reading comprehension. Teachers to collect longitudinal data for each student, and use the data to prepare appropriate learning materials and interventions.