The mission of the Pattonville English Learner Department is to produce language learners who are socially and academically prepared to be successful students in the Pattonville School District. Successful experiences in our English Learner Program will enable students:
- To communicate in English in the areas of speaking, listening reading and writing.
- To acquire knowledge and understanding of the language and culture of the United States.
- To fully participate in all academic areas.
- To have academic success in content are classes.
- To progress to grade level proficiency on state standardized tests.
Kathleen O'Keefe, English Learner Speciialist, Department Leader
National Board Certified Teacher, English as a New Language, Young Adult;
Master of Arts in TESOL & New York State Teaching Certification, Hunter College
Peace Corps Volunteer, Poland 13;
Bachelor of Science in Music & Theatre, Indiana University South Bend;
Other: Community Service Club, Muslim Student Association
Eleanor Taylor, English Learner Specialist
Master of Education in Secondary Education, English Education & TESOL, University of Missouri St. Louis;
Master of Education in Elementary Education, University of Missouri St. Louis;
Bachelor of Arts in English Language Arts & Literature, minor in Philosophy & Sociology, University of Missouri St. Louis;
Other: International Club